By enrolling in PREP LTC, LTC homes will have access to:
- support from our engagement team to help your home.
- assessment of your needs and barriers.
- support with placement coordination.
- connection with post-secondary schools.
- tools, resources and templates.
- preceptor education.
- funding to backfill preceptor time.
Eligibility for Backfill Funding for Preceptors’ Time
If your LTC home has or will have students whose placements end between April 1, 2022, and March 31st, 2023, regardless of the start date, your home will be eligible for preceptor backfill funding.
Funding amounts for 2022-23
LTC homes with active placements for personal support workers (PSW) and nursing (PN, BScN) students, as well as internationally educated nurses (IEN)*, are eligible to receive PREP LTC funding to backfill preceptors’ dedicated time spent precepting and mentoring students under their supervision during placements outside of their regular duties.
Eligible LTC homes:
- will receive $2,000 per PSW student placement.
- will receive $3,600 per PN, BScN student placement or IEN* placement.
- can receive $40,000 or more in funding depending on the total number of student placements registered in Ontario. By registering all student placements, homes have the potential to receive additional funds (above $40,000) once registration closes.
- registering less than $40,000 in placements will receive the amount they claim.
- have until March 31, 2023, to spend the funds.
Homes should enroll in PREP LTC by January 20, 2023, and ensure the registration of all clinical student placements by February 15, 2023, to receive funding. Homes will need to support students in registering themselves, and for more information, visit the FAQs.
Note: Funding amounts per student are based on standard hours spent in placements. There is no limit on the number of clinical student placement registrations per home. Read the FAQs to learn more or contact email@example.com with any questions.
*Funding is available for placements for internationally educated nurses (IEN) participating in the College of Nurses of Ontario’s Supervised Practice Experience Partnership Program.
Support for LTC homes applying for PREP LTC
There are Regional Engagement Liaisons who can help LTC homes:
- develop quality student placement programs with support in planning.
- enhance connections between LTC homes and school boards, colleges and universities.
- develop resources.
Find your LTC home’s Regional Engagement Liaison.